Reuters – Friday, August 29 02:01 am
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – “X-Files” star David Duchovny, who currently plays a womanizing writer on the cable television series “Californication,” said on Thursday he has entered a facility for treatment of sex addiction.
(Reporting by Steve Gorman; Editing by Eric Beech)
I was feeling a bit depressed today but this story has really really cheered me up. No, not because I particularly like laughing at other peoples distress, just simply because of the quote from his lawyer;
“I ask for respect and privacy for my wife and children as we deal with this situation as a family.”
No, David, please…for the love of god…leave your children out of it. They don’t need to know about this surely…
Is Sex Addiction a real addiction?
Here Comes The Science Bit….
Here is a list of behaviour patterns that indicate someone has a sexual compulsion which I want you to read, then imagine Mulder from the X-Files having these symptoms…you couldn’t make it up could you?
- Distress, anxiety, restlessness, or violence if unable to engage in the behavior.
- Recurrent failure (pattern) to resist impulses to engage in extreme acts of lewd sex.
- Frequent engaging in those behaviors to a greater extent or over a longer period of time than intended.
- Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to stop, reduce, or control those behaviors.
- Inordinate amount of time spent in obtaining sex, being sexual, or recovering from sexual experience.
- Preoccupation with the behavior or preparatory activities.
- Frequent engaging in violent sexual behavior when expected to fulfill occupational, academic, domestic, or social obligations.
- Continuation of the behavior despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent social, financial, psychological, or physical problem that is caused or exacerbated by the behavior.
- Need to increase the intensity, frequency, number, or risk of behaviors to achieve the desired effect, or diminished effect with continued behaviors at the same level of intensity, frequency, number, or risk.
- Giving up or limiting social, occupational, or recreational activities because of the behavior.
He was my favourite actor as a kid, I thought he was so handsome and wholesome…then I found out he used to be a soft porn actor…. now I am totally distressed.
Don’t forget to like/share/comment/subscribe to my blog. I post every few days. I’ll love you forever.